Re: Clogging attacks on SKIP

Phil, Ashar, others,

I agree with Phil, the solution below is expensive. But it is one (and so far
the only) possibility to provide (optional) anti-clogging protection even for
the non-interactive case. The price is not so terrible as it seems, however,
since the non-malicious user has to do this only once per establishment of
a shared key, while the attacker has to do this many times in order to
clog the system. Of course an alternative is that when attacked, a host
would only allow connection set-ups from a pre-defined set, as Ashar have
suggested. But this locks out ad-hoc connections.

Best, Amir