Re: keyed-MD5 placement of secret

>  > Now, unless the Security Area reverses itself, and changes the standard
>  > in SNMP also, that is what we will use in the AH implementations going
>  > forward as we speak.

I suggest SNMP in this rutn of discussion if left alone, as it's
specifically refuses to use other services, especially regarding
security. The assumption there is - you can't know in advance
what will be operational at the time of network fire, which
you'll need to fight - so all your eggs must be in your
basket. (:-)

Thus, it's certain that SNMP will *not* make use of any
"standard" network-wide security services and such,  so
SNMP won't care/need AH/whatever...
--
Regards,
Uri         uri@watson.ibm.com      N2RIU