Re: draft-metzger-ah-00.txt

Alan Cox says:
> Third:
> 	I'm told Novell now have a patent on packet signing. Does it cover
> this area and if so what now ?

They have an invalid patent -- a clearly, obviously, and completely
invalid patent. There is plenty of prior art that is in writing from
over one year before the date of their application. They did not, not,
not invent the idea of keyed hashes, which existed for a very long
time. I intend to ignore the patent, as do others that I have spoken
to. If Novell wishes to, they may contact my attorneys. This is
perhaps an agressive stance to take, but I'm very confident in my
position.

Perry