Re: Naming 1: granularity

Steve:

Even the simple case is not simple.  You said:
    The basic question is this:  when we do a key management exchange --
    and I realize that we haven't yet agreed on how to -- the two
    negotiators have to know names for the parties involved.  In the case
    of two end hosts negotiating, the name should (but see the next
    message) refer to the hosts themselves.  Should these names be IP
    addresses or domain names?

If a host is multi-homed, it may have more than one IP address.  So even when
there is one host, the decision gets difficult.

Russ