Re: WG last call for IPv4 AH and ESP

Ran Atkinson says:
>   I believe it would be a mistake to mandate that users must use
> one of (auth inside encryption) or (auth outside encryption).

I had no such intentions; this was only for purposes of a base
security transform for encryption plus authentication. I agree that
people can and will come up with better mechanisms in the future and
since the architecture we stole from you is flexible enough to permit
that we have no cause to try to lower the functionality.

However, for the sake of interoperability, we DO need a set of base
transforms, and I'm trying to define one here.

Perry