Re: WG last call for IPv4 AH and ESP

>Things have quieted down on this list about AH and ESP, so I have to
>assume we are ready to implement.  I'm working on integrating Ran's IPv6
>changes into the text.  Are there any other issues still unresolved?
>
>Bill.Simpson@um.cc.umich.edu

There is no reason to have two IPv4 security protocols!

There should only be one protocol (per San JOse discussions) that provides
confidentiality, integrity (a.k.a. authentication), or confidentiality and
authentication.

The IPv6 Authentication only protocol already meets the proposed needs of IPv6.

Paul