Re: WG last call for IPv4 AH and ESP

> From: "William Allen Simpson" <bsimpson@morningstar.com>
>
> Things have quieted down on this list about AH and ESP, so I have to
> assume we are ready to implement.  I'm working on integrating Ran's IPv6
> changes into the text.  Are there any other issues still unresolved?

I have an issue. I would like to be able to do in-band signalled
keys. Does the draft preclude this? If not, then I believe that
there is merit in detailing how to indicate in-band keys in the protocol.
Note that SKIP is not the only protocol that employs this technique.
The DEC work also used the same feature (albeit in a different manner).

I wouldn't be too happy to see AH/ESP protocols preclude in-band keys,
especially since we haven't yet come to a decision on what the
key-management protocol will be.

Regards,
Ashar.