Re: WG last call for IPv4 AH and ESP

>From: "marcus (m.d.) leech" <mleech@bnr.ca>
>> At the neither the Toronto, nor the
>   San Jose meetings, did this issue come up.

Since I was at both meetings, and since I did present the SKIP
key-management protocol which uses in-band signalled keys at both
meetings, and since I did give working demos of this kind of
key-management at both meetings, I can safely say that this
is not true.

What is true is that at both meetings there was no IPv4 SP draft,
so one could not comment on a draft that did not exist. However,
there was a SKIP I-D (specifying in-band signalled keys) before
there was ever any IPv4 ESP/AH drafts, and before there were any
ietf-ipsec drafts, period.

So saying that this issue was not brought up before and is too
late to be brought up now is simply not a good reason.

Regards,
Ashar.