Re: (IPng) Re: out-of-band key management is like virtual circuits

bound@zk3.dec.com says:
> I highly suggest to the chairs to get with Ran offline and fix this if
> he continues to pursue this course.  He should have to justify why
> Dannys claims will not benefit a draft under this groups charter as of
> right now just like the rest of the drafts must do this.  This is just
> the wrong thing to do.

"Danny's" suggestion is in fact Ashar Aziz's suggestion, as you would
know if you were on the ipsec list which you feel you don't have to be
on. However, Ashar isn't claiming it has anything to do with
performance per se -- he wants it to make his life easier in promoting
a particular key management system called SKIP, which was designed
with in-band in mind. I don't know how Danny got into this. He wasn't
involved in any of the discussions before we heard from him from on
high -- and I must say that I rather resent someone making an
absolutistic demand presented without evidence as their initial
posting on a topic. Some of the rest of us have been building
prototypes and testing them, you know.

Perry