Proposed Standard or no?

Folks,

I originally sent my email on in-band signalling of keying material to both
the IPSEC and IPv6 mailing lists, since the issues are identical to each.

Right now we have the following people who think in-band signalling should be
allowed :

IPSEC WG
--------

hugo@watson.ibm.com
rgm3@is.chrysler.com
nessett@eng.sun.com
markson@osmosys.incog.com
ashar@osmosys.incog.com

IPv6 WG
-------

bound@zk3.dec.com
markson@osmosys.incog.com
ashar@osmosys.incog.com
nessett@eng.sun.com

The people opposed to in-band signalling are :

IPSEC WG
--------

atkinson@itd.nrl.navy.mil
bsimpson@morningstar.com
perry@imsi.com

IPv6 WG
-------

atkinson@itd.nrl.navy.mil
bsimpson@morningstar.com
perry@imsi.com

Admittedly, neither group enjoys a clear majority (in fact most people probably aren't reading the email, due to the vituperation in many of the messages
from certain of the participants). However, I think there are enough people
who believe that in-band signalling should at least be *allowed* that the
I-Ds as they currently stand should not be advanced to Proposed Draft status.

Personally, I would like to hear from some of the others on these lists to
find out what they think. [The views of those listed above have been
thoroughly ventilated, I think].

Dan