Re: (IPng) Proposed Standard or no?

> If you want to have the implementation of the bit be optional, that
> implies that SKIP is being proposed as an optional protocol. Does that
> imply that you guys are withdrawing from consideration as a SKIP as a
> proposed internet standard?
>
> Perry

Obviously not.  What I am saying (and have been saying) is that key
management needs to be independent from IPSP.  If the Structured SAID
bit is not in IPSP, you are eliminating possible key management schemes.

But you still haven't answered my original question.   How does the
structured SAID bit create muck in the kernel?   If you are using
a key management scheme that uses it, great.  If you are not, you can
ignore it.

--tom

Follow-Ups: References: