Re: (IPng) Proposed Standard or no?

Tom Markson says:
> But you still haven't answered my original question.   How does the
> structured SAID bit create muck in the kernel?

You have to detect it and switch on it. Given that you guys are
claiming that several schemes could use it, we presumably start having
to keep kernel tables of what the various structured SAIDs mean so we
can process them, and we start needing either kernel level key
management or upcalls of some sort to user code to handle them.

> If you are using a key management scheme that uses it, great.  If
> you are not, you can ignore it.

You can't ignore it. If the machine owner can say "gee, I'd like to
use SKIP" then the kernel has to have the hooks, doesn't it?

.pm