Re: (IPng) Re: out-of-band key management

Ashar,

  "not intended to support..." is different from "is intended to
prohibit...".

  There is rough consensus in the IPsec WG, which is the ONLY
IETF WG chartered to work on key mgmt, that the primary
standards-track key mgmt protocol will and should be a hybrid
Diffie-Hellman scheme (such as Photuris).  There is nothing
resembling consensus in favour of SKIP-style in-band key mgmt
as a mandatory-to-implement standards-track approach.

  My text as it stands is ENTIRELY consistent with the consensus
direction in key mgmt.  I do not plan any changes to the text
you cited at this time.

Ran
atkinson@itd.nrl.navy.mil