Re: (IPng) Re: Proposed message on perfect forward security

> Perhaps this debate could be ended if the text was changed to say something
> like:
>
>         The set of SAID values in the range 0x00000001 through 0x000000FF
>         are reserved for future use (for example "in-band keying").
>
> Then perhaps everyone can go back to developing and deploying some real key
> management algorithms and software which we all really need if the internet
> is to have real security.

In principle, I have no objection, and I'd even suggest making the
reserved range larger.  But the real issue is still open:  what
will be the common, interoperable key exchange protocol, and will
it be in-band or out-of-band.  We've achieved nothing if adopting this
language just prolongs the debate.