Re: Proposed message on perfect forward security

>I gather from your wording that you mean "prove" in the market acceptance
>sense (i.e., products using key distribution mechanisms providing perfect
>forward security will be widely used), rather than the mathematical or
>formal logic sense. If so, then I think we agree. My arguments are not

Yes. Market acceptance is the final test. Nothing the IETF does can
force the market to adopt or use anything; this is the OSI lesson.

My own belief is that a single, general purpose key management
protocol designed for the most demanding case will be much more widely
adopted by the market than a collection of incompatible protocols with
different levels of security that are each supposedly epsilon more
efficient in some particular circumstance. Again, consider TCP vs
TP[0-4].

Phil

Follow-Ups: References: