Re: MD5 versus SHA

Earlier I posted the following information.
It has been pointed out that the DES code I used
probably is showing caching effects which are
unrealistic for comparison to the MD5 code.

Running DES over a 2 M byte file in /tmp (RAM), I got the
following numbers:

		DES (libDes)
Sun 10/51	5.7 Mbps
Sun 20/61	7.5 Mbps
Sun 20/71	9.5 Mbps

I'm not sure if the desCore numbers are realistic, as a result.

Joe