Re: IPv6 Security Last Call Initial Questions

Theodore Ts'o says:
> Could one of you send me a reference to the paper?
> (On-line preferred, of course.  :-)

I don't have the oaper online, only the reference. Sorry! (:-).
Posting this in case somebody else (not you, Ran, I understand! :-)
are interested.

1. The description of the CDMF algorithm has been published in the open
   literature, as follows:

   a. D.B.Johnson, S.M. Matyas, A.V. Le, and J.D. Wilkins, "Design
      of the Commercial Data Masking Facility Data Privacy Algorithm,"
      Proceedings of the 1st ACM Conference on Computer and
      Communications Security, November 3-5, 1993, Fairfax, Virginia,
      1993.  pp. 93-96.

   b. D.B Johnson, S.M. Matyas, A.V. Le, and J.D. Wilkins, "The
      Commercial Data Masking Facility (CDMF) Data Privacy algorithm,"
      IBM Jour. of Research and Development, Vol. 38, No. 2, 217-226
      (March 1994).

2. IBM holds a patent on the CDMF, see R.C. Elander et al.,
   "Commercial Data Masking," issued U.S. patent no. 5,323,464
   (Jun. 21, 1994).
--
Regards,
Uri         uri@watson.ibm.com      N2RIU