Re: IPv6 Security Last Call Initial Questions

Ted,

>You seem to be the only one argueing for making DES optional....

Yes I am the only vocal one.  I assure you if this is not changed I will
not be only objection in a last call.  Am I championing this change. Yes.
If I am the only individual who works for a vendor who takes issue with
this I will be surprised.

If I loose this debate at the IESG level then at least its recorded and
I did my best to correct what I believe is a major mistake for the
industry.

But we have a lot to do with key mgmt and tightning up the specs and I
will not discuss this anymore on the mail list OK.  I think my position
is clear, whether I am the only one or not is irrelevant.  Community
consensus should not be the activity of the most active mail
participants and I believe fortuneately that is not the case.

/jim