IBM US Patent #5,148,479

In my note to you dated December 5, 1994, I advised that IBM had decided
to dedicate the subject patent to the public to facilitate adoption of
the Internet Key Management Protocol contribution IBM had offered to the
IETF.It has been determined subsequently that dedication of the patent
has many implications that are beyond the Internet Protocol, and IBM
wishes to take a different approach that will have an equal effect on
Internet's constituents.  Also, the IBM contribution is now included
within the "Photuris" proposal, so the grant of rights will be with
respect to Photuris and any derivative that includes the IBM
contribution.  IBM hereby covenants that it will not assert its US Patent
5,148,479 or its non-US counterparts against any party that implements
Photuris or any derivative that includes IBM's IKMP contribution, and
operates in compliance with Photuris or such derivative, when Photuris or
such derivative is employed in connection with any Internet Protocol.
This grant of rights will terminate with respect to any party that
asserts a patent it owns, directly or indirectly, against IBM for IBM's
implementation of and operation in compliance with, such Protocol.  The
termination will occur as of the date the patent is asserted against
IBM.  A written confirmation of this grant, and/or a license under any
other IBM patent under IBM's then-current terms, conditions and royalty
rates, can beobtained by sending a request to me at: IBM Corporation/
500Columbus Avenue/ Thornwood, New York  10594.
cc: jeffrey, amir. fred, jerry, porter, dick, gerry. allan
jeffrey, gerry, porter