Re: IBM US Patent #5,148,479

Bill, you say in your usual style:

> This license language is obnoxious and unacceptable.  Please identify
> the part of Photuris to which you believe the patent applies, so that
> we may remove it.  Thank you.

Defining the exact parts of Photuris to which the patent may apply, and in
which way, and arguing about it, would be a truely time consuming and
wasteful process. Furthermore, I _think_ it is not required of us by IETF
process. In any case, changing technical proposals should be done on the
basis of important and clear objections, with consensus.

I suggest an alternative. Our belief is that the license is reasonable and
fair. If there is some offending language, please identify it and explain.
If your objections are sound, we may be able to fix.

Best, Amir