IPv6 Implementors Mail List and IPv6 Testing

This message will go to ipng, dns, dhc, addrconf, ipsec, and sdrp mail
lists.

I will be setting up an IPv6 Implementors mail alias to provide a place
to discuss:

 1.  Minimal Testing of IPv6 specifications (Level 1)
 2.  Extended Testing of IPv6 specifications (Level 2)
 3.  IPv6 Testing Scenarios
 4.  IPv6 Test Scripts

In addition we will try to get implementors to chip in and work as a team on
a set of test scripts for both Level 1 and Level 2 testing.  And testing
scenarios.  One good test scenario is the Dan McDonald Dentist Office
problem as an example.

I just about have an outline and text complete that can be enhanced on
the mail list once I get it set up regarding the above so we won't start
from scratch.

I will work with Bob Hinden on how we define an address space and if we
can get a SIXBONE set up on the Internet.  But in the interim we can
use tunneling as INRIA and Digital have been doing already.

There is a TCP/IP EXPO scheduled in San Jose Aug 8-12.  I am trying to
get an IPv6 show subnet so those that are ready can come and at least do
Level 1 Testing.

Please send your email address to bound@zk3.dec.com and I will add
you to the list.  Also, users please participate, I think we need real
life scenarios that those of us could miss sitting in the code and
specs very closely (e.g. myopic technical tunnel vision).

thanks
/jim