Re: response to Last Call on: IP Authentication using Keyed MD5

Amir Herzberg writes:
> Hugo _did_ make his objections known long ago, as you recognize in your
> note.

Yes, but he said nothing during working group last call. He also
didn't have his paper on the topic ready yet as I recall.

Never mind the recriminations. I've made my opinion on the topic
known, and I've also made my opinion that Hugo's work is sufficiently
worthy to bend over backwards to insert in spite of any such opinions
on the topic provided that we can handle this expiditiously.

Hugo, do you suppose you could propose appropriate text changes
quickly? Perhaps Bill or Ran will volunteer to do it instead (assuming
they agree with me that the changes are meritorious -- a big if), but
I'm not in a position to volunteer them and frankly I have to do way
too much other stuff in the next couple of days to volunteer much time
myself.

I want to emphasize that this is *my* opinion here. The co-chairs and
my co-authors haven't spoken. I'm just saying what *I* think the best
course of action is.

Perry