Re: response to Last Call on: IP Authentication using Keyed MD5

It appears that all that is needed to incorporate Hugo's suggestion is
a change of a line or two of the MD5 AH draft to specify that the
prepended part of the key be padded out with a 1 bit and some number
of 0 bits to 512 bits. Am I correct on this, Hugo?

Given the simplicity of this change, I'm inclined to see if we can
insert it before RFC publication, in spite of the late timing. Again,
this depends on what my co-authors say and on general consensus.

It would also be nice if Hugo were to post a message explaining the
rationale for this in approximate laymans terms. (I'd still like him
to write the language to insert but I don't have much hope that he'll
do it.)

Perry