Re: Some comments on IPSEC proposals

> It appears that by failing to be as vicious as possible ...

No, the wolverine approach to technical consensus has been highly
unprofitable in this group.  A revival may well be the end of it.

Almost everyone who has read the drafts has been confused by many of
the points that Ron and Phil have raised.  I, too, would like to see
almost all of these things clarified.  I'd be willing to take another
editorial pass over the arch and mode docs, perhaps less tentative this
time, now that I've some implementation experience.

I'm don't think that the documents should be held up if there is an
obvious and ongoing good faith effort to address the concerns.

I'd like to hear more discussion of the relevance of recent work MD5
collisions, and to thank Paul and Hugo for making some of the background
material available.