Re: MDx signatures

I've come to the conclusion that the implementors list is a mistake,
since virtually all the questions there are about protocol design
(specifically Photuris) rather than arranging for interoperation testing
of AH and ESP.

> Date: Sat, 16 Sep 1995 10:31:50 +0300
> From: "Angelos D. Keromytis" <kermit@forthnet.gr>
>
> Since the MDx attributes will be included everywhere, i think every
> implementation should support signatures using them. Should the draft
> make them a requirement ?

Only MD5 will be included everywhere, and although many folks are using
them for initial testing, I think that we should not make them mandatory
as a signature function, but instead specify PGP instead.

Bill.Simpson@um.cc.umich.edu