Re[2]: 3DES keys

Mr. Simpson:

>> From: Paul_Lambert-P15452@email.mot.com
>>It would be best to describe a way to use a key stream to
>>obtain keys for a given algorithm separate from the creation of the key
stream.

>Well, Paul, it's bloody obvious you haven't read Photuris!  Already done!

Yes I have read the last release of Photuris.  You had just proposed that:

> We could do something clever to make up the last 8 bits.

We should *not* do something clever to extend a key stream just for a specific
algorithm and key stream size!

>Ah, you haven't read AH-MD5 or ESP-DES either.  (So much for "WG review"
>when a chair hasn't read it.)  See the section labeled "Keys".  (sigh)

Yes, I have read the specifications and am aware of both the content and warts.

Lighten-up Bill, you might enjoy life more if you dropped some of your
hostilities.

Paul