Donald

From:  Hilarie Orman <ho@cs.arizona.edu>
To:  bsimpson@morningstar.com
Cc:  ipsec@ans.net
}RSA Labs,  http://www.rsa.com/rsalabs/cryptobytes/spring95/news.htm:
}
} Modes involving single-DES instead of triple-DES as a primitive, such
} as encrypting three times with single-DES in cipher block chaining
} mode, have been shown by Eli Biham in the past year to be potentially
} no stronger than single-DES against certain attacks. Encrypting with
} triple-DES in cipher block chaining mode is not vulnerable to those
} attacks.
}
}...
}