Re: Questions on AH and ESP for IPv4

Karl,

The change I proposed was just a re-wording of what is already in
RFC1826.  It is not a change in semantics, unless my interpretation is
incorrect.

As for the AH Tunnel mode, it is not documented in the AH spec at all.
Anyone who doesn't implement the generic IP-in-IP(RFC1853 - thanks Bill), would not
be able to interoperate with your implementation.  All I was asking was that
RFC1826 should pay some lip service to using IP-in-IP for routers until
PMTU is more a part of the Internet infrastructure.

Rob G.
Rob.Glenn@nist.gov