Re: comments on draft 03 of SKIP

Greetings,

        I guess I mis-understood.  I mistook the directory service for the
CA.  The CA's signature needs to be authenticated, not the
Directory/Distribution service - you are correct.

        Regards,
        -=Chris

At 00:00 95/10/28 +0100, Germano Caronni wrote:
>> >no authenticated _directory service_ is needed here.
>> I disagree with this.  If I am receiving public keys from some directory
>> service that I have decided to trust (I think that they take proper
>> authentication actions, etc), I want to know that I am really talking to
>> that directory service and not some mitm or imposter.
>
>Hi Chris,
>I thought we were talking about authenticated public values. I do not mind
>who sends me the values, as long as I can trust one of the parties that
>authenticated them, and I securely get the public key of such a party.
>
>Did I oversee something?
>
>Germano

                              /            Chris Liljenstolpe (Swanson)
       ____/    ____/   ___  /    ____/    Engineer <chris.swanson@ssds.com>
    ____  /  ____  /   /__/ /  ____  /     8400 Normandale Lake Blvd #993
  _______/ _______/ _______/ _______/      Bloomington, MN  55473
  business driven technology solutions.    (612) 921-2392 FAX (612) 921-2395
    Key Fingerprint = FE 43 BD A6 3C 13 6C DB  89 B3 E4 A1 BF 6D 2A A9
                                 Um Yah Yah!