Re: photuris-06.txt

>There are those who claim that the only reason why mandatory access
>controls are at all useful on modern computer systems is because
>generals want to be able to play (non-classified) Tetris on the same
>system where they have top-secret files stored.  Many years ago, it
>might have been useful when it costed millions of dollars to purchase
>and operate mainframe-style systems in a data center.  However, given

With the trend toward personal workstations, one could make the exact
same argument about civilian computer systems.  All of the computers I
directly use regularly each day, one at work and several at home, run
multitasking operating systems of various kinds but they are dedicated
to me. I think I can trust me not to hack myself. :-)

So I'm only worried about other tasks when they're spawned by an
outside attacker of the kind that Photuris *is* designed to block.

Phil

Follow-Ups: References: