Re: photuris-06.txt

At 09:02 PM 11/6/95 -0800, Phil Karn wrote:

>With the trend toward personal workstations, one could make the exact
>same argument about civilian computer systems.  All of the computers I
>directly use regularly each day, one at work and several at home, run
>multitasking operating systems of various kinds but they are dedicated
>to me. I think I can trust me not to hack myself. :-)
>
>So I'm only worried about other tasks when they're spawned by an
>outside attacker of the kind that Photuris *is* designed to block.

I'm puzzled by this thread.  Help me a little.

I 'trust' my desktop and notebook (well I better be a little careful, as
they are both NT 3.51 :).

But that SPARC 2000 that has one of my key databases on that I need to
interact with?  There is over 200Gb on that system now with 50 databases.
Even the production SPARCs have a handful of people allowed to do direct
logins for maintanance....

Robert Moskowitz
Chrysler Corporation
(810) 758-8212