Re: major areas needing work

At 04:17 PM 11/5/95 GMT, William Allen Simpson wrote:
>> From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm3@is.chrysler.com>
>> At 05:03 PM 10/8/95 -0700, David_A Wagner wrote:
>> >I'd like to know what critical IPSEC projects still need work done.
>> >In other words, what does IP security need to move forward that we're
>> >still lacking?
>>
>> Compression for remote users!
>>
>Already in Photuris Extensions.

OK.  I grabbed the current draft.  Yes compression is covered as an
attribute value in Photuris.

Big deal.

What good is it (hooks are valuable, yes) to allow for negotiating
compression when there is no compression defined for that IPSP protocol itself?

Well fortunately, it looks like POISED is coming to some reality on this
patent problem.

Robert Moskowitz
Chrysler Corporation
(810) 758-8212