Re: Interop

At the San Jose IPSEC WG meeting, the group discussed having an ESP/AH bake off
at the Dallas IETF. Although I do not think this will occur in the official sense,
I would like to know if anyone is interested in bringing their design to Dallas.
We could try two tests. We could connect some laptops together. We could also
connect them in the terminal and communicate with our respective test sites.
It can be argued that manual keying is trivial, but I believe that this
demonstration is still needed. I am sure the tests will be much more
complicated than I describe too.

We plan to demonstrate our ESP/AH prototype at Dallas and would prefer to test
with others. To do this, I would want to test with you before then. If you are
interested in arranging some tests, please contact me.

I have included this message to ipsec mailing list for those who may be interested
in seeing the demonstrations. I expect them to be informative and not very colorful.
I also expect most queries from the developer's list.

Regards
-Mike Oehler