Re: SKIP: Interoperability proposal

Perry,

SKIP is part of IPSEC.  The SKIP implementors and editor are working hard at
making SKIP compatable with AH/ESP.  It does represent an alternative to the
original working group concept of only supporting an application layer key
management protocol.

I must complement the individuals working on SKIP for their thoughful
contributions, organized development, and responsiveness to editorial
comments.  SKIP is not the "best" technical solution in terms of meeting the
IPSEC requirements.  They are making considerable progress because they are
"easy" to work with as a development and editing team.

There is a lesson to be learned here ...

Regards,

Paul

-- BEGIN included message

Hilarie Orman writes:
> The SKIP work seems as mainstream ipsec as anything else.

Its largely to completely incompatible. Given that, I'd say it isn't
IPSEC.

> I hope they continue to include the ipsec mailing list in their
> discussions.

I don't want to see them stopping their discussions, but I don't see
why they can't be conducted elsewhere. Those that want to monitor them
are free to.

Perry

-- END included message