SKIP & the press

Folks,

This is REALLY getting out of hand here.

Just for the record:

At NO time has Sun sought the press's attention on SKIP standardization
issues. To the contrary, we have done everything possible to avoid
it.

Our FIRST and and only contact with the press (last week) was
initiated BY the press.

Sun has NEVER said to the press, ANYTHING to the effect that
SKIP will be "the" standard, or "a" standard. In fact, the FIRST
contact that Sun officials had with the press regarding SKIP was
last week, when the press quoted OTHER IETF members saying SKIP had
already lost. Even then, despite the press's efforts to elicit Sun
officials' comments, we ABSOLUTELY refused to comment or speculate
on the eventual outcome of the IETF standardization process.

We limited ourselves ONLY to technical discussions on SKIP.

The press initiated this discussion with my group at Sun, AFTER
talking to other IETF members who were claiming that SKIP had
already lost.

If there are actual names or quotes that can be attributed
to Sun officials, disputing any of the above, we would like to
know.

Regards,
Ashar.