Re: editorial on Photuris

Stephen Kent writes:
>         Yes, we could define an Internet certificate, but do we need to?
> My suggestion, seconding Charlie's, was to not make Photuris dependent on a
> specific certificate format, but to accommodate multiple formats.  I still
> think that's a useful idea.

Regardless of whether Photuris can use multiple formats, or whether or
not we define what format it uses any time soon, the fact remains that
we will need a certificate format at some point, and that the bulk of
the internet community doesn't like X.509 for all sorts of reasons --
good or bad is almost immaterial at this point. It would therefore be
useful for those people who have experience with this matter, such as
yourself, and others who are active in the community and have an
interest, to work on producing a simplified and more
internet-acceptable format.

Perry