Re: user to user keying in Photuris

> From: Oliver Spatscheck <spatsch@cs.arizona.edu>
> There should be a way to determine both user on the responder
> side during the key exchange. Only then it is possible
> to establish user to user keying with one key exchange.
>
> This can easily be accomplished by defining an new Identity-Choice
> which contains the identity of both user in the Identification
> field.

I like this, it is very elegant.

> Another approach would be to add a second identification field
> to the identification message.

I think this is overkill, by adding a field for all messages which would
only rarely be used.  And it complicates the protocol.

Bill Sommerfeld suggested using the currently MBZ Responder Cookie in
the Cookie_Request, to contain the Initiator Cookie from a previous
Photuris Exchange.  This is exceedingly clever!

Bill also had some ideas on how to specify particular application
processes.  This is emphatically outside the scope of the Photuris base
protocol.  I had asked Bill over a month ago to write up the process
oriented keying as a separate draft.  I recommend that he join with
Oliver as authors to include both ideas.

Bill.Simpson@um.cc.umich.edu