Re: correction on SPIs

I will admit, I am completely confused here about your "combined" or
"separate" number spaces.  I think that some of the folks on the list
are talking past each other.

Here's what Karn did (and Simpson has a slight variant):

 - Each SPI can be used by both AH and ESP.

 - AH and ESP have different keys, even when using the same SPI.

 - AH and ESP use different algorithms, even when using the same SPI.

 - AH and ESP can both be negotiated at the same time (the same exchange).

So, I think of this as a "combined" number space, with orthogonal usage.
Is that what you mean?

I hope that this is clearer in the next Photuris draft.

Bill.Simpson@um.cc.umich.edu