Re: ICMP Security Failures

   Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 11:18:39 -0600 (CST)
   From: Todd Graham Lewis <todd@wooster.org>

   I am pretty sure that I already know what the answer would be, but what
   if some hypothetical individual were working on a freely-distributable
   Linux ESP implementation that, say, included _no_ implementations but was
   easily extensible?  I hate to clutter the list with politico-crypto-flame
   bait, but would this fall under the range of the "permissible"?

Cough, cough.....

Hypothetically, this individual would be best served if it included a
ESP-based mechanism using a rot-13 or XOR-based encryption scheme, it
only had an "internal, non-published" interface between the main body of
the code and the XOR encryption module.

						- Ted

P.S.  What's in a name?  Quite a lot, actually.  A rose by any other
name may not smell as sweet!