Re: I-D ACTION:draft-krawczyk-keyed-md5-01.txt

I finally had time to read the draft, and I find it unconvincing.

It has several inaccuracies, some unsubstantiated claims, and has
insufficient detail to understand why the proposed double hash is any
more robust than the current technique in the face of a weakness of the
compression function of MD5 (or anything else).

I haven't yet read his reference, to be published elsewhere.  Perhaps
Hugo could combine the two in the internet-draft to make it more
understandable.

Bill.Simpson@um.cc.umich.edu