Re: (IMPORTANT) Call for AH-MD5 and ESP-DES to move forward

>but I disagree with the words "replace". As Paul's survey
>reveals, many implementations currently implement 1828.

There has been very strong support for the use of HMAC as the "standard"
transform for AH.  A "change" of this mechanism sooner, rather than later,
would limit the impact on implementors.

Paul

Paul Lambert                     Director of Security Products
Oracle Corporation                       Phone: (415) 506-0370
500 Oracle Parkway, Box 659410             Fax: (415) 413-2963
Redwood Shores, CA  94065               palamber@us.oracle.com