Photuris and Skip should both advance quickly

        From where I sit talking to IP security product vendors,
both Photuris and SKIP in their current forms meet the market requirements
for large rapidly growing markets.  The SKIP protocol has unique advantages
in the area of multi-cast transmissions, and the Photuris has advantages
for high security point to point communication that includes perfect
forward secrecy.  Vendors need both.  Users will buy both.
        The IETF should help the vendors meet these growing user demands
as soon as possible.  Further delay in the working group will cause the
vendors to move on by themselves, which history shows will cause problems
down the road.
        This is a time for hard work by smart people cooperating with
each other.  This is not a time for dragging heals!
                --Bob

P.S. This is my personal opinion, not a company statement.