Re: (IMPORTANT) Call for AH-MD5 and ESP-DES to move forward

hugo@watson.ibm.com writes:
>  > > However, I wish there was a more orderly scrutiny of security designs
>  > > for IETF protocols by cryptographers.
>  >
>  > The process is sometimes chaotic. However, it does, in the end,
>  > usually work.
>
> Right. It works in 95% of the cases.
> Security is exactly about the remaining 5%.

I realize the process may seem like a problem to those who normally
work alone on a problem and then proceed to give a document to a set
of reviewers for orderly review, but it really isn't. Perhaps we need
to use some better tools (a trouble ticket system? I'm not joking) to
give people better confidence that edits aren't being dropped on the
floor, but the process *does* work in the end, even now.

Perry