Re: A comment from the co-chair

At 11:46 AM 3/13/96 -0800, Ran Atkinson wrote:

>  As none of the current Key Management proposals currently meet WG
>requirements (though all could be modified to meet WG requirements), none
>can proceed to Last Call or onto the Standards Track at this time.

Dear colleagues:

Well you all know what I mean.

I am sitting in the weekly AIAG (automotive industry action group) ANX
meeting.  I have given them an update of last week's events.

Bottom line:

I have been instructed to craft an AIAG letter placing a goal of this summer
for "a" standard key management protocol.  This will be the position of the
whole automotive industry, not just one OEM.  This letter will go to the lot
of you and your senior management (for at least those companies that do
major business with the auto industry).

Many of you know my personal feelings.  I have listened to your debates for
some time now.  At times I have wanted to say, "children, children...", but
I have not as I respect each of your technical abilities.  In this area, I
recognize that I am just the student.  Now all of you as the 'teachers' had
better come together, quickly.

If any special meetings are needed, within limits I can be available to
attend (please avoid friday's and weekends, my family is up in arms about my
extended absences ;) ).

Robert Moskowitz
Chrysler Corporation
(810) 758-8212