Re: Your Appeal to me regarding replacing IPSEC WG Chair(s)

> Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 00:08:20 -0500
> From: "Jeffrey I. Schiller" <jis@mit.edu>
>         I have considered your request to remove the chairs of the
> IPSEC Working Group. I have taken this matter seriously and have
> consulted with many people about what they believe is happening in the
> Working Group. I have also been attending most of the face to face
> meetings myself and read the mailing list, so I have my own
> observations as well.
>         I can find no reason to believe that the Working Group Chairs
> should be removed on the basis of your appeal.

Thank you for your decision on my Feb 11 request, with additional issues
raised Feb 14, Feb 15, Mar 5, and Mar 10.  However, despite your
"serious" research, you have based the decision on (at least) two errors
of fact:

>         I have also had people report to me that you have threatened
> them with lawsuits and otherwise used intimidation tactics when other
> avenues of argument were not available to you.

Perhaps you could give more detail on these apocryphal and anonymous
charges?

> Furthermore I interpret
> your message to the Working Group on 3/14/96 as an attempt to
> intimidate the chairs and Working Group by making your appeal to me
> public and threatening to continue to appeal until some body finds in
> your favor.

Perhaps you could specify what message to the Working Group?  I cannot
find any message from me to the WG on or near that date.

Since you failed to answer _any_ of the specifics raised in my appeal,
and both of your negative findings are factually unsupported, I will
appeal to the IESG as a whole, pursuant to our Standards Process.

WSimpson@UMich.edu
BSimpson@MorningStar.com