Re: NSA denies our 3DES license

Robert Moskowitz writes:
> This raises an interesting question WRT RC5 and smb's note.
>
> Can RC5 parameters be set so that it reaches 3DES strength,

If it can be, you can bet it can't be exported. We can't answer that
question, however, because we haven't studied RC5 long enough to have
anything like a reasonable answer.

However, I don't see what the problem is. If you need IPSec for your
overseas plants, buy from the Swiss or the Israelis or someone else
who isn't stopped at the border. There are lots of overseas vendors
for this stuff, so there is no reason to worry.

Perry