Re: new draft of my paper

	 I seem to recall that I originally proposed padding with
	 zeros, with the receiver required to drop packets that didn't
	 comply. My original thinking was to provide some measure
	 against garbage flooding, but it seems like that also helps
	 resist Wagner's attack.

Yup.

	 I don't remember how the text got changed, but it's not
	 important. The question is, do we want to change the ESP spec
	 re padding?

We could make that change, but I suspect that it's a palliative measure
at best.  The real answer is integrity-checking, done right.