Routing Header info of IPng against traffic analysis?

Hi

As I was working through the IPng specifications, I realized that
no options are implemented to prevent traffic analysis in IPsec.

Could the Routing Header information been set up that the list of
intermediate nodes changes when the system setting provide a
list of alternative routing paths? An error condition could arise
similar to the definition in the fragmentation header, if not all
packets are received to complete reassembly of the message within 60
seconds (a long time but I think this would be a reasonable waiting
time if you are concerned about traffic analysis).

This would prevent most attempts to traffic analysis and complete
the good IPsec spec.

I am looking forward to your comments

greetings

Reto

at the George Washington University, Washington DC
reto@seas.gwu.edu