Re: Routing Header info of IPng against traffic analysis?

Reto Haeni wrote:
% As I was working through the IPng specifications, I realized that
% no options are implemented to prevent traffic analysis in IPsec.

In article <199604221819.OAA18138@jekyll.piermont.com> Perry wrote:
>Changing routing paths isn't sufficient to prevent traffic analysis.
>
>Stopping traffic analysis is fairly complicated and beyond the scope
>of the IPSec work...

It is not clear to me that it is feasible to prevent traffic analysis
anywhere above the link layer.  Folks really interested in this might want
to consult [VK85] for relevant background material.

Ran
rja@cisco.com

Follow-Ups: References: