ports in the clear...

> It is not clear to me that it is feasible to prevent traffic analysis
> anywhere above the link layer.  Folks really interested in this might want
> to consult [VK85] for relevant background material.

Did i mention my desire to expose the source and destination TCP/UDP ports
(via some new fields in the IPSEC header) when doing encryption?

There are lots of reasons, from bean counting ("what % of the internet traffic
is web traffic?") to firewalls to "best effort QoS" (make telnet port low
latency; make ftp data port high throughput).

Greg

Follow-Ups: References: